In some countries renting holiday accommodation is known as private or family accommodation (such as in Croatia and Slovenia), in some it is known as houses/rooms for short rentals, while in some countries laws requires their registration as boarding houses, pensions, B&B or family hotels. Regardless of the name, each country has its rules and regulations that need to be respected in order to do the business legally.